Friday, October 07, 2005

Moving

Moving sucks.
I just stand in the middle of my apt. looking around and I have this uncontrollable urge to throw everything away.
I went through the kitchen last night and made a pile of stuff that will be taken to Goodwill.
blegh.
The most irritating thing is it (the kitchen) doesn't look any different!
I went through my art supplies last week, which was a good thing because I like to horde things for "future projects". projects that never happen but I see them clearly in my head and feel bad for throwing the stuff away.
New Rule:
No new projects until I finish the ones already on my list.

I gave away books too.
It hurt.

2 comments:

bohica said...

YEAH GIVING AWAY BOOKS IS THE WORST

Anonymous said...

My own thoughts on getting rid of stuff is that it is liberating. I feel so much better knowing I got rid of all the crap.

I have some regrets though. When Matthew and I went to Germany I gave away ALL of my photographic equipment. That was a BIG mistake.

I also regret all the fabric I have parted ways with.

I regret the knitting machine that I didn't save.

And yes, the books. Sigh.