Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's down to the wire and the insanity is setting in...

I can't believe that I leave for SLC on Thursday, and that I'll be running the marathon THIS saturday!

SO my hamstring healed up beatuifuly...just in time for my knee to develope an excusiating pain.

Yay.

I have been resting it since last Wensday and decided to take a short run with Grace today.

I have to say I was hopping for better results. But hey, it's not like I don't have plenty of time to rest it up before July right? I figure I'll aspercream it to death and run with my brace on. I wanted to try for a sup 4 hour marathon but I've decided to not stress and if I feel I can do it then that's what I'll go for but if my knee isn't doing well then I'll just take it easy.

It kind of sucks though since I've done all this training and I really feel that if my knee was in good shape I could do it. If I could do a four hour marathon with the kind of no stress training that I've done then I of course would want to see if I could shave a mere 20 more minutes off my time and go for Boston...the Holy Grail of marathons (at least with the average runner).

A woman runner qualifing for the Boston has to complete a certified marathon in no more than 3 hours and 40 minutes which means running 26.2 miles with an average pace of 8:38 per mile.

Well I can say that I've run 15 miles at a 9 something pace and I haven't done any speed training or interval training or any of the other bells and whistle type of stuff to get better times...so what is to keep me from trying it?

Wouldn't it be cool if I did do it and got to run the Boston Marathon?!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love your positive attitude, I'm sure that will filter down to your knee and make it quit its complaining! Best wishes for a great race and quick recovery. Love you.