Thursday, April 22, 2010

Part 2

Needless to say Friday night did not go as planned. Previously Jason had said I could use his Iphone with it's application that tracked your distance, pace, as well as played your play list. It will even audibly tell you what your pace is every half mile, which I thought would be very useful in my goal to complete a four hour marathon.

Pacing is my weakest link.

I seriously have no idea what speed I'm running at- it could be 8:30 or 9:30 and it feels the same to me.

He had asked for my play list several times but I hadn't given it to him figuring we could do that Friday night...which didn't happen.

That left me asking random strangers who were wearing a garmin what pace they were running at...which for the first 6 miles was 8:30-too FAST!

I felt pretty good up til mile 8 at which point my knee started giving me trouble but when I hit the half way mark I was right on my goal with a time of 2:02.

Yeah...it all went to crap after that.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Why was the absence of a playlist relevant to the device's ability to pace you?

Terra said...

It isn't relevant, I'm just used to listening to music when I run. Jason's playlist has a lot of Teckno and...britney spears :) who I admit due to most of her music being club music makes good running music. Just not what I want to be listening to for 4 hours. There was some discussion on my just using it as is, and I'm not sure why I didn't- I just didn't have it when I got out of the car.

Matthew said...

I like running the the 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th. It lasts about 20 minutes, has lots of little interesting things, and is very motivational.