Sunday, April 10, 2005

One year older and Wiser too...
Well it's what her t-shirt said when I arrived at the Cabin in Boone. Friday was so busy, I got caught in a down poor of rain - remember that post where Matthew was the Angel of Justice and the only thing that was dry was a little spot on his butt? That was exactly what I looked like. Luckly I had forgone putting on my new white shirt that morning- small blessings is what my life is made of.

After work Jason and I rushed up to Boone to hang out with the Birthday Girl- Samantha turned 15 years old Friday. I cn't believe it my baby sister is taller than me and she is getting her drivers licence in a couple of months. The trauma runs deep.

We (Jason and I) took Samantha to Family Pool- a pool hall where there is no drinking and no smoking to have a good time. It was really fun! For the first time after playing pool I didn't gag with the stench that was me (hold the comments on that one.)
We played "Cutt throat" and even though Jason was massively cheating (he kept purposefully scratching) Samantha and I managed to take him out of the game several times. and I WON!

I should explain, I'm really bad at pool. Really bad. I've been known to use the wrong ball as the cue ball and not even know it. If you want a comedic time- take me to play pool- if you take pool really seriously - keep me away from it.

We played pool for about three hours and finally left around 11pm, but on the way back decided that we needed a "Mel's Diner" milk shake. I spilt mine all over the table.
I left the waitress a nice tip.

(the spell check isn't working- sorry)

4 comments:

Demanda said...

Samantha 15? What a trip, last time I saw her she was 5 and I was 15 time flyes......

Matthew said...

All that quality family time? No conflict at all? With anyone? Something fishy is going on here...

Bonnie said...

Actually, she didn't say that. But Terra has the good sense to not write about family conflict in an open forum. You'll have to call or e-mail for that. We really did enjoy their visit alot, and I appreciate the effort they made to make Samantha feel special and grown-up. I think everyone behaved fairly grown-up.
Mom

Terra said...

It really was a good trip.