Monday, September 12, 2005

Mr. Fancy Pants

I know you have all been holding your breath waiting for the chance to finally see...
MR. FANCY PANTS!
Yes, I finally got a picture of him for your retina searing pleasure.
Dad said I shouldn't give him the dignity of posting on him and his outfit but I think we can all agree that there is no dignity in this:


It was last year when megan and I first saw him at the Pace Race in his turquoise spandex biking shorts with his matching sweat band, and were appropriately horrified that we had witnessed him. Little did we know that the real experience would happen at the finish line when we were least expecting it. I turned around and BAM! There he was all sweating and supportless in his nasty shorts.
Augh.
side story: We were running along last year with Dad pushing the stroller when Mr. Fancy Pants (as Dad dubbed him) passed us. Dad glanced over at Megan and I and asked if we were ok because he was going to go on ahead, and then he took off! He confirmed later that he hadn't wanted to be passed by a set of turquoise spandex shorts.

4 comments:

Megan said...

yuck. i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit!

Dave M. said...

That is a sweet running uniform! (joking)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that the races are supported by the liquor industry.

Terra said...

It was self serve too!