Monday, December 05, 2005

I'm turning into Nana

At first it was a little thing like gasping when I thought a child was in danger...
Then it was thinking that ice cream wasn't appropriate for breakfast...
After that, it was flinching when I thought Jason was approaching a red light to fast, or telling him that the light was red or green like he was color blind.

But the last straw has been this week, finding myself constantly asking Jason if Scottie (my dog) had B.M'd (actually I've refrained from using that phrase, opting for awkwardly stuttered questions like "did he do both businesses?")

IT has brought back many fond memories of having my grandmother peer at me and ask "did you B.M?", "no? Well go sit on the toilet until you do. We're not leaving until you're done." "It doesn't matter if you don't have to 'go' right now." It only took me a few sessions of this to start telling her I had "B.M;d" whether or not it was true.

2 comments:

Josh said...

knowing if half the battle. fortunately, human beings are endowed with the ability to effect self-change.

Anonymous said...

You realize that turning into her is a bad thing, right?