Friday, April 27, 2007

First I shall whien and complain how much I don't like it in VA- and point out that almost everyone I've spoken too who knows someone who lived here has agreed with my assesment.

Back to my saga...

On the way back from Williamsburg I got a phone call from my sister-in-law Jessica asking where I was...
"um...VA?" "Why?"
"Well one of the girls who was scheduled to go on the NY trip pulled out but she didn't buy trip insurance so we can't get them a refund and I'm trying to fill the spot so the Broadway tickets dont' go to waste."
"oh, I wuld love to go! but I'm on vacation with my family right now. You should call Emily (one of her good friends who lives in the area) and see if she can."
"OK".
"Thanks, though I really did want to go".

A few minutes later in the car.

"Mom, I hope you know how much I love you guys because I just turned down a free trip to NY and two broadway show tickets. (Mama Mia and Beauty and the Beast)."

"WHAT!! Your crazy call her back right now and tell her your going!"
So I did.
Then she asked me if I could get to charlotte that night- wihch at first I thought no problem but then figured it was almost 6 hours from VA beach where I was.
What we decided would be the best idea was if I met the charter bus in WA DC and left my car there (Jason could drop me off - he was traveling to Tenn.)
I didn't get to the rondevou place on time so I ended up driving all the way to NJ which actually turned out to be good because one of the girls had a bad asthma attack and the used it to take her to the hospital where they found out she also had pnemonia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun times. Dad