Monday, August 10, 2009

I kind of feel...nausous

So I've tried putting myself "out there" here in St. Louis, and make myself available to meet new people, do things I enjoy...stuff like that.

For those interested St. Louis, has a HUGE number of "meet ups" for runners, as well as several for those who enjoye, writing, photography, beading and sstuff like that.

Anyway, before leaving last week I mett some photographers at a meet up and one of them seems to have taken a shine to me. He and friend are putting together a show and have offered me the space to show around 4 pieces.

The thing is I haven't done anything like that in years, and don't have anything ready- which means to do it I need to come up with a concept, iimplement it, get something out of it, edit it, and present it.

before I left I participated in a shoot that was...not really what I usually go for, but I figured it was good practice- kind of Goth, in a grave yard. There is one photo out of a whole bunch that I actually wanted to go back and look at more than once.

It's a great oportunity, kind of scary as well as nerve wracking.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

hooray! Fame and greatness await!

Mary Ann said...

Good for you. I hope it goes well.