Thursday, February 04, 2010

The thing that depresses me about exersise is that it never ends. It's not like you work at it until you reach your goal and then the job's done.

Nope. Once you reach your fitness goal you have to keep going to maintain it.
I like running (more jogging actually) I really do, but to maintain a regular schedule...it's just boring.

I enjoy training for races and getting the new T-shirt but they aren't really fun if you're doing them alone. Getting up early and standing around in a big crowd just kind of sucks alone.

Lissa and I are supposed to be doing the SLC marathon (she's doing the 1/2) so there is that, but all those runs in between...blergh.

I need to find new music or something interesting to listen to while running. There are certain songs I can't listen to now because I ran to them for so long I associate running with them and my heart rate increases just hearing them.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Sheesh, I already solved this one for you! Team sports! You have no idea how frustrating it is to have all the solutions to your problems. You have no consideration for my poor nerves.

Terra said...

I forgot :) The problem seems to be I don't really LIKE team sports- I'm drawn to ones where you train alone and then come together for an event.
bother. I was thinking about trying Krav Maga- katie seems to really like it and it would be useful for a tender sweet young thing like myself to know...we'll see.
Are you going to be in NC this year over the time of The Bear? I promise to train more so I don't drag your time down :)