Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hoarding

As many of you know I enjoy unraveling old sweaters and using the yarn to make something new.

It's pretty awesome because I can get my little mitts on really high quality yarn for around a dollar for almost 900 yards! I'd like to say it was all my idea but really I googled it.

I've made several baby blankets, sweaters, hats, and scarfs out of this yarn and I still have tons of skeins left over. Over Christmas Jason's sister requested crochet supplies and since he had drawn her name I worked it out so we could get her the book she requested and the complete hook set she wanted while staying wtihin the budget! of course if you give someone all that, you should really include some yarn so they can make something right away:)

I went down to my stash and stared...I had plans for the cream 100% cotton yarn...and I really liked the angora yarn...it wasn't really cold enough in NC to send her sheep wool yarn...Actually the truth was I liked ALL my yarn!

Jason saw me sitting there and asked what I was doing, so I told him I was trying to pick the yarn to give Jessica but that I wanted to keep it all.
He said I didn't have to give her any but I could tell he thought I shouldn't have so much:)
In the end I decided to give her some pink 100% Cashmere yarn. I think she liked it-I don't know for sure, she never said. She didn't send it back though:)

In the interim though I have set up a shop on www.etsy.com and I've listed my yarn. I've actually sold about 10 skeins so it's pretty cool:)

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hooray for reuse!