Friday, March 18, 2005

Kitten, Snakes and Water.... oh, my!

I had a weird dream a couple of days ago.
It started out just fine, but quickly went down hill from there.
Picture a cute little country cottage with flowers all around the yard- it’s a sunny beautiful day.
Abby and I were walking around the yard of this beautiful home when I heard a rattling noise, I recognized it as a snake rattle and was able to get out of the way, but Abby was behind me and just as she was moving past a clump of grass a HUGE Indian Cobra raised it’s head up out of the grass! (Yes I know Indian Cobras don’t have rattles) Then another… and another…until there were five of them all around her. She was able to clamber up on a low hanging roof but she was still in a dangerous situation trying to keep her feet out of their range.
This is where it got a little odd.
Tiger Woods comes around the corner of the house. Yep- the Golf pro. I don’t even watch golf.
I start screaming and I mean really screaming, at Tiger to help Abby, I’m surprised I wasn’t talking in my sleep I was that upset in my dream. I don’t remember Abby getting bit by any of the snakes so I guess he came through for us.
Tiger woods, you are my hero! I think I’m going to call Abby to make sure she is OK.

Every so often I have dreams where snakes appear. The most repetitive, are dreams that feature snakes AND kittens and water at the same time. Kittens and snakes? Where is the connection? I looked up water in a dream dictionary and it is supposed to signify “feelings of unrest or unease”
The first time I had a dream like that, I had just returned from Utah – the dream was featured at Camp Ginger Cascades (the dream is always somewhere familiar and pleasant to me) and it was all rainy and at night and hundreds of little kittens had drowned in the puddles. Yes, it was just as gross as it sounds.
Well I found one that wasn’t dead and tried to save it by taking it inside and getting it warm and dry (the kittens are always the main focus of the dream with the snakes in the background). The second one was featured in Downtown Morganton in a fountain that doesn’t exist in real life. The kittens were in the fountain. Yes, it was just as gross as it sounds. The third dream was by far the ickiest. I was a the house in Morganton and there were all these kittens that were just a couple of weeks old and they were dying so I scooped one up to save it, and put it in my hoodie pocket to keep it safe but I kept dropping it! This would cause its arms and legs to fall off its torso. In my dream the kittens were supposed to hatch out of a nasty pod looking thing but what really happened was a large icky insect would come out and attack them. This was traumatizing because I would take care of the pod things to protect the kittens.

I hate those dreams.
The kittens always die.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

This is prompting me to blog some of my wacko dreams...

Not that yours are wacko, it's just prompting me to share mine =)