Tuesday, May 24, 2005

But at least the church is true.

An update on the complete and utter backwardness of the leaders in the charlotte area.
My roommate is getting baptized.
No the other one. I have a new roommate who sat in on a discussion for Katharine and took the teachings and ran with them. She wants to get baptized this Saturday.
Yay, for the church and all its teachings right?
I mean baptizing is a good thing. Something that should be important right?
More important than say, a COOKOUT!?
I can see how these choices would be confusing to anyone, can’t you?

The baptism was scheduled for Saturday, but the branch President wants to postpone it until Tuesday because there is a cookout that he just HAS to attend.
Whatever.
Jason is going to call him up and remind him of the fact that baptisms take precedence over other church activities. He will probably do it a lot nicer than I would because he is a nicer person and well, I have been moody, twitchy and a little volatile lately.

For example:
Yesterday Rob IM’d me and wanted to know what was up for FHE that night (Jason had commited the two of us for FHE every Monday with them with out consulting me. This is not something I want to be held to each week because Rob and Angie are at times, bit stressful for me.) Not to mention I just don’t like that level of socializing and it is on one of the three days the climbing wall is open.
I called Jason and told him to call Rob. He did and Rob (I felt) made it out that Jason was continually letting him down so he found a new friend to take his place but if he wanted to come then he guessed he could. I felt he hurt Jason’s feelings (again) and IM Rob that he was rude and mean.
And maybe some other stuff.
Apparently I was wrong in thinking he hurt Jason’s feelings and both guys thought I was overly harsh with Rob.
I was not harsh, I was tempered.
If I wanted to be nasty I could have been. As it was since Jason said he didn’t get his feelings hurt by Rob and since that was what made me mad, I apologized to Rob.

Some other little gems of leadership in the area includes, the sustainment of a particular priesthood holder who had served on the high counsel for something like 20 years for he died and so they (I’m guessing) thought it would be nice to sustain him POSTMORTUM to the high counsel AGAIN!
This was the Stake President.

Last week when Jason and I drove some kids to a dance because the young men young women leaders just decided they didn’t’ want to go and didn’t bother setting up any other rides for the youth. We got to the New Hickory Stake Center and as we drove past it I told Jason that, that was the building and we needed to turn around. Since I am not known for my navigation skills they called up the lead car and said that we thought we had just past the building. “no, it’s a different building” I maintained that this was the right building and that on a Sat night what was the chances that a LDS church parking lot would just happen to be full of youth? The leader than hung up on the youth who had called.
That’s leadership at its best.
This same man called James (Jason’s brother) a racist over an incident with a Hispanic kid during Youth Conference where the kid had refused to shake James hand because he was white. (I actually think the kid was just rude and trying to be so- not so much a racist).
He also blamed James when James got lost while trying to follow him on a youth activity (James and I have the same level of navigation skills) and never made it to the activity but ended up having to call home and get talked back to the house. The leader never notified his parents that he was missing and at about 10:30pm Sis. Heilpern called him to see why he hadn’t even tried to find the youth he was responsible for and to find out why he had allowed a youth to drive himself to the activity.
He said it was all James fault and that he was not responsible for any actions of the youth he IS IN CHARGE OF!

1 comment:

Dave M. said...

Listen to Dr. Laura for a month then call me in the morning.