Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Stress

Three months ago I went on the “Patch”.

12. Are there any side effects associated with ORTHO EVRA?
In clinical trials, the most frequent adverse events leading to discontinuation in 1.0% to 2.4% of women included nausea and/or vomiting, application site reaction, breast symptoms, headache, and emotional liability.
Jason let me know last night that he is really starting to prefer that I not be on the patch.
Three guesses why.

Several people have told me that I have become increasingly twitchy and high stress and have not been dealing with it as well as I used to.
This is true.
Last Sunday I went to church but go there late and sat in the hall. The talk that was given seemed good for the small portion I was able to hear on account of a wretched child who was in “time out” on the couch across from me.
I swear for the first 20 minutes I thought the boy was Autistic. He was flailing around and kept emitting a high pitched whiny cry- but after some circumspect evaluation I realized he was just a brat. His parent was doing his best to get the kid to sit still but it just wasn’t happening- it didn’t look like an example of bad parenting where the kid runs rough shod over their parent, although if I had been that child and been acting that way I would have been drug outside to the car a long time ago.
And none of us wanted that.
I made it through sacrament and went to sit in the Sunday school room to wait for class to start. There were two more children screeching in this room.
It looked like a set of brothers. The younger one stole the older one’s treat so the older one took it back, at which point the younger one tried to tattle that “he stole my snack” someone (maybe the mother but I’m not sure- they weren’t really getting any supervision that I could tell) told him that she knew it wasn’t his snack and that he had stolen it first.
(I would like to side note that the older brother wasn’t eating the snack in front of his brother he had merely put it away.)
This went on for several minutes with my stress level rising and no teacher in sight.
So I left.
But I had marked my stress level a little close because by the time I got the car I had trouble starting the car.
Over all the experience was completely unpleasant and comparable to the Owl Roost Rumble experience.
Yay, church.

No comments: