Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Forever Plaid

Last Friday Jason decided that we needed to go on a real date. We haven’t been on one for a while- you know the kind. Ones that actually have a time that they start and they require you to put on something nice and curl your hair.
So Jason researched the events in the area and bought us tickets to go se “Forever Plaid”. Now to be honest I had read the description of the show and wasn’t that interested. It seemed like it was going to be stupid- “singing quartet died on their way to their first gig and now have the chance to sing their missed performance.”
Go here for an article
On top of that I hit my down swing about 4pm and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. But Jason was obviously proud of his effort and was excited to go see the show, so I put on a smile and said “I would love to go!” then I went home and slept. Oh, I woke up about 20 minutes before we had to leave and got pretty.
(Jason looked very handsome as well, if I do say so).
I was pleasantly surprised when we got to Spirit Square where the production was being held. It was kind of like a dinner and a show (they sold appetizers) and the actual show was performed really well! The actors were very engaging and sang wonderfully.

It was mostly oldies, which I enjoy, but what I really liked was that there was dialog in between songs which gave back story also the actors were very skillful in showing their characters, well character instead of just being a quartet singing old songs it really was a show.
I would recommend it to anyone. I even thought about buying the cd afterwards.

1 comment:

Terra said...

that would be fun!