Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The other night

The other night Jason and I went over to Rob and Angies for dinner with Rob, Marshal and Lori.
It was a nice dinner although it was just Kentucky Fried Chicken (not one of my favorites) and then the guys went out to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith which now makes this the second movie that I wanted to see that Jason has gone and seen with others. (To be fair the fact that I want to see it does not mean I will go see it, so it's just as well.)
The funny thing is, is that Ariana (Rob's little girl) decided that, that night I was her favorite person. she wanted me to be watching her through the whole meal and if I stepped out of the room she would call something resembling my name.
She even let me give her a bath. Not that I wanted to be in charge of her bath but since she had given herself a facial with her apple sause it was nessessary to hose her down at the end of the meal, and Rob had plopped her in the tube asking "someone" to watch her. Hearing the echos of my mother and grandmother that children can drowned in less than 2 inches of water I made Jason go in and watch her much to his dismay because he wanted to play with the boys.
Too bad.

So he amused himself with giving her horns.
I cleaned up the kitchen (Angie's in the hospital again) and then realised the dog was out of food. so I filled the water bowl and the food bowl. Then I checked the snake tank. No water (I don't do snake food), so I filled the water pan.
Then I decided to check out the birds.
No water. Filled the water bottle and the birds attacked it. hmm.
Since they were also eyeing my hand as though it was some sort of treat just for them I eyeballed the food dishes and realised they were full of seed husks. So I fed them. And changed the liner.
Birds are so disgusting.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Bravo for taking care of the animals.

Perhaps it would do well to point out that your bird didn't exactly give Methuselah a run for his money...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Terra, maybe you can come baby sit for us some time. Our place could use some work . . .

Terra said...

Matthew, I was twelve when I had that parakeet! Not 25. Plus I would like to point out that in all my years of pets (fish don't count) only the bird and one hamster died on me.

Terra said...

My mouse died of old age.