Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm sure that no one is surprised to hear that my paper work is still in North Carolina.
Oh, wait, some how I was surprised to hear that 2 MONTHS after my bishop told me he was mailing it out that it is STILL HERE!
Tonight I get to meet with the Stake President so that I "can feel good about what is in the packet".
Jason felt the need to tell me to be nice to the Stake President.
well sure I'm going to be nice to him- the packet isn't in the mail yet. After wards I might have a few feelings to share with him and the various bishops that were involved in this long drawn out process.
Do you realize that I could have walked the paperwork out to Utah in the amount of time it has taken them to write two letters?
yep that's actually all that has happened in all this time. I wrote a letter 3 months ago met with the bishop on two separate occations plus the Stake President, in the time it took my bishop to cough out a letter and realize that I wasn't smoking anything when I told him in the first meeting that Marcus would not actually get a letter mailed.
I do know now that the Mauss parents "very happy" for me. Isn't' that sweet?
I should send them my therapy bill.
also in that time he forgot about sending my paper on it's life cycle because there was "a wedding and Youth Conference", and then hearing that Jason's bishop was sending a letter (which is interesting since we haven't met once on this subject). And NOW I get to meet with the stake president! AGAIN!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Erg. This does not bode well. Not exactl lightning processing times with these people. Sounds almost like the same levels of efficiency I associate with a certain other organization... Anway, I hope he isn't doing this because there is someting new and annoying in the packet. Is this just to get a general good feeling, or because there is something you might feel bad about?

Terra said...

I guess we'll know at about 7:30 (unless he forgets about the appt, which has happened before.)

bohica said...

Good luck Terra. Having gone through this myself I can tell you this is neither suprising, nor all that uncommon. I was going to say some more witty things but you are pretty much past that by now I'll bet.