Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas is just about here and I have managed to NOT decorate at all.
Again.
Much to Jason's dispair I'm just not that into...well really any holiday.
Except maybe Spring Day, I like Spring Day.
(For those who don't know, instead of celecbrating the resurection of Christ with a bunny rabbit who bring chocolate eggs, Mom would wait and celebrate the first day of Spring with a bunny rabbit who brought chocolate eggs.)

Anyway, I don't like holidays in general- lots of work, lots of stress = one day (tops) and then clean up.

Thats not to say I don't like giving presents because I love finding that special item that you just KNOW that person is going to love. But how do you manage that with multiple people? SO instead you're left staring at store shelves and thiking "I don't care anymore...I bet they would love an ear infection kit- it's really a useful thing to have around."
I HATE that- why bother?

I actually remember another holiday I like- Tacky Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the years that we have been away I have completely forgotten that in the US, Christmas ENDS on the morning of Dec. 25th. In Germany, Christmas began on the evening of Dec. 24th and continuted until Jan 6th, the day when they celebrate the arrival of the wise men--the 12 days in the middle are (I conclude) the 12 days sung about in the old song about the "true love's" gifts.

Anyway, I will keep that tradition with me always. It removes the sense that there is deadline. We still have not taken gifts or cookies to our neighbors and I'm not at all uncomfortable about that. Christmas just started, after all.